Oconee County Habitat for Humanity is a locally run affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International, a nonprofit, ecumenical Christian housing organization. The Habitat for Humanity International website contains more information on Habitat's history, mission, volunteer opportunities and affiliates around the world. Since 1986, Oconee County Habitat for Humanity has provided decent, affordable housing in partnership with over 100 families and is continuing its home building ministry at the rate of 4-5 houses per year.
Local control rests with an elected board of directors representing a wide range of backgrounds and occupations. Board members serve without pay and chair various committees necessary to Habitat's operation: family selection, family partners, site selection, construction, public awareness and fund raising. There are no paid staff or offices. 93% of our income goes to build houses. Administrative costs for supplies and postage are held to a minimum.
Board meetings are held on the 1st Monday of each month at 3:00 p.m. at the Resale Store located at 130 Bountyland Road, Seneca. Visitors are always welcome!
2018 bOARD mEMBERS
- Tom Bottin, President
- Jon Goyert, Vice President
- Barbara Barron, Past President
- Karen Daniels, Treasurer
- Linda Staggers, Secretary
- Greg Buck - Loan Originator
- Scott Calderwood
- Laurie Cushing - ReSale Store Manager
- Bob Dubose
- Amanda Harris
- Andrea Heller - Family Selection Chair
- John Hubbard - Social Committee Chair
- Carolyn Karpick
- Frank Lewis - Loan Originator
- Terri Mendonca - Landscaping Chair
- Ann Miller - Family Partners Chair
- Barb McGrey - Donations Chair
- Yvonne Scott - Church Relations Chair